We will end sequence your clones before they are sent to you - you only pay for the clones that BLAST match with the id you requested. This risk free option saves you time when you get your clone and removes the chance of receiving one of the wrong clones that are inherent in all copies of large libraries.
- Place your order conventionally but follow the Sequence Verified clones link
- Source BioScience LifeSciences will extract DNA, end sequence your requested clone(s) and BLAST the output
- Successfully verified clones (>95% identity after quality clipping) will be shipped to you and we will include a BLAST report in the packet
- Customers will be notified in their delivery about the clones that fail verification, no charge will be made for failed clones. In the unlikely event that all clones in the order fail verification the order will be completely cancelled at no charge and customers will be contacted by email.
C. elegans RNAi library
This Caenorhabditis elegans RNAi feeding library provided by Source BioScience was constructed by Julie Ahringer's group at the The Wellcome CRC Institute, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, England.
C. elegans genomic fragments were PCR amplified, cloned into the EcoRV site of vector L4440 from Timmons and Fire ( Nature, 395, 854) and transformed into bacterial strain HT115 ( Gene, 263, 103-112) as described ( Nature 408, 325-330). The whole genome library consists of 16,757 bacterial strains, which cover 87% of C. elegans genes.
Bacterial strains carry the GenePairs name, which usually, but does not always correspond to a predicted C. elegans gene name. A current mapping of GenePair to gene can be found in WormBase (http://www.wormbase.org/). GenePairs primer sequences are available at http://cmgm.stanford.edu/~kimlab/primers.12-22-99.html.
You to find the primer sequences for any given gene name in addition to the location of that bacterial strain in our 384-well plates in the complete C.elegans RNAi database which can be downloaded here . Note that the mapping of some GenePairs has changed since WS56 when this database was built.
The libraries is available by individual chromosome sets (I, II, III, IV, V and X) from Source BioScience LifeSciences as frozen glycerol stocks of bacterial strains arrayed in 384 well plates or as individual bacterial strains (clones).
We are also supplying re-arrayed sub-sets of the libraries in the following areas:
- Chromatin (257 clones)
- Phosphatase (166 clones)
- Transcription factors (387 clones).