Full ORF (Open Reading Frame) shuttle clones contain the complete coding sequences for genes of interest - exactly in frame, from start to stopcodon. Due to the flexible Gateway® cloning system, the Shuttle Clones are a flexible source for protein expression in E. coli, yeast, the baculo system and mammalian cells. You can create your own expression clones by shuttling the ORF into the desired Gateway® expression vector.
All inserts are fully sequence verified, in particular: no frame shift, no stopcodon in frame.
To speed up your research, choose the ready-to-use Full ORF Expression Clone.
How to find full ORF clones
You can search by:
- Keywords or general IDs (like accession number, clone ID,...) using GenomeCUBE
- Sequence similarity (Blast)
We are continuously expanding our Full ORF Clone Collection. If a clone for your gene of interest is not available, please contact us
Full ORF Clones are the preferred source for in-depth gene analysis. Fields of application are:
- Recombinant protein expression in various systems
- Protein expression using fusion tags (N- and/or C-terminal)
- Functional assays
- Protein characterization
- Protein localization studies
- In vitro transcription
- Easy shuttling of ORFs for advanced research
To express your gene of interest
- Choose the corresponding flexible Full ORF Shuttle Clone with Gateway® entry vector.
- Generate your own expression clone by shuttling the ORF into the Gateway® expression vector of your choice.
- Introduce your expression clone into the appropriate host and express the protein.
Many ORFs are available with or without stopcodon - annotated in your search hit. The availability of both formats provides the freedom of choice to produce native proteins or C-terminal fusion constructs.