Source BioScience LifeSciences will end sequence your clones before they are sent to you - you only pay for the clones that BLAST match with the I.M.A.G.E. id you requested. This risk free option saves you time when you get your clone and removes the chance of receiving one of the wrong clones that are inherent in all copies of the I.M.A.G.E library.
- Place your order conventionally but follow the Sequence Verified I.M.A.G.E. clones link
- Source BioScience LifeSciences will extract DNA, end sequence your requested clone(s) and BLAST the output
- Successfully verified clones (>95% identity after quality clipping) will be shipped to you and we will include a BLAST report in the packet
- Customers will be notified in their delivery about the clones that fail verification, no charge will be made for failed clones. In the unlikely event that all clones in the order fail verification the order will be completely cancelled at no charge and customers will be contacted by email.
The I.M.A.G.E. consortium make high quality, arrayed cDNA libraries available to the community. Each clone has been given a unique I.M.A.G.E. ID to facilitate reference. The sequence, mapping and expression data has been placed in the public domain. These clones are available free of any royalties and are available to anyone agreeing with their guidelines. Lennon et al. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8617505
Mammalian gene collection
The Mammalian gene collection (MGC) is an NIH initiative to generate full-length cDNA resources. Source BioScience LifeSciences is now able to supply these full-length cDNA clones. Click here for more information.
- Fully-sequenced clones have been sequenced throughout the coding region of the gene, by the IMAGE consortium.
- Partially sequenced clones have gone through a single round of sequencing either the 3' or 5' coding region of the gene, by the IMAGE consortium.