MicroRNAs (miRNAs) are endogenous RNAs of about 22 nucleotides that play an important role in gene regulation. They have been implicated in the regulation of various physiological and pathological pathways including cell differentiation, cell proliferation and tumourigenesis. Recent evidence has suggested they have a role in haematopoietic malignancies and metabolic disease, and there is interest in miRNA as new therapeutic targets. Studies have shown that there appear to be widespread differential expression of miRNA genes in malignant compared with normal tissue and that miRNA-expression profiling of human tumours may identify signatures helpful in diagnosis, stage of tumour, progression, prognosis and response to treatment. Source BioScience can provide the expertise to support your studies in this area including bioinformatics data analysis.
The number of miRNAs identified is increasing and a new quantification method has been developed using stem-loop primers for reverse transcription followed by a real-time Applied Biosystems TaqMan® probe. The specificity, sensitivity and reproducibility of Taqman® assays allow miRNA detection and quantification. Human miRNAs are also available in the Low Density Array format, enabling hundreds of assays to be screened with minimal effort.
Use Source BioScience because:
- Outsourcing service: Source BioScience is a GCP & CPA certified supplier of contract research with a proven quality record and expertise
- Speed: Our response and delivery is without delay
- Quality: We are committed to the highest quality contract research that helps ensure reproducibility of results
- Pricing: Our high throughput reduces unit labour and capital costs meaning we can offer exceptional value for money and cut drug development time significantly. Furthermore, savings are made by bulk purchase of reagents.
- Personal touch: We can also design, validate and genotype user-defined assays
- Commitment to improvement: We are continuously introducing new technologies to reduce costs, shorten timelines and reduce consumables including amounts of your precious starting material